Merritt and Ian nodded.
As I opened the sliding door of my minivan, Ian points to my car and says, "This car not cute, Mama."
Nope, nope it isn't, son.
**************************
During lunch, the boys and I were chatting. Merritt was talking about when he could drive and where he would go (amazingly, his first choice was church...I will remind him of that when he is 16). I said, "Someday you will be driving your kids around. Do you think you will have boys or girls?"
He thought for a second and exclaimed, "Boys and girls!"
"I just have boys, you know, " I said with a grin on my face (or was it a grimace? no, it was a grin).
To which he responded, "Smart boys!" with his own little grin.
****************************
Before naptime today, as I was closing his door, "Good night Ian!"
"Good night Mama. Will you lock the door?"
"Why do you want the door locked, Ian?"
"So the monsters can't get in."
No comments:
Post a Comment