Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Scenes from a V Day

 I think Valentine's Day is so much fun. 
Homemade cards, hearts, pink. 
It's a mommy-of-boys' special day.
And this mommy-of-boys really enjoys making Valentines.
 Aren't hand-addressed Valentines by little people just the sweetest???
 Hearts and XO pancakes. Yummy!
 My little Valentines. 
I figure my years of being the #1 Valentine of everyone in this house are limited.
 I am totally enjoying it while I can.
 Sweet tulips from my main squeeze...
  ...and really yummy cupcakes...just for mommy.

Last week I was in Nana's (our favorite restaurant) picking up gift certificates for a basketball team gift, and I happened to ask if there was any chance they would do takeout on Valentine's Day. As I was asking, in walked Scott Howell, the owner and chef. And my question was asked. And he said..."Sure!"
Which supports the theory of...IT NEVER HURTS TO ASK!!
 So...last night after the kiddos were asleep, David picked up our 5 course Valentine's meal from Nana's.
And he came home to this...
Table for 2 by the fireplace!
Here was the menu:
* Tuna tartare with a chilled oyster veloute & Osetra caviar (awesome!)
* Creamy porcini soup with truffled ricotta (I could have rolled in a vat of it. It was that good.)
* Baby spinach risotto with sweet butter poached Maine lobster & roasted tomato-dill sauce (this  description has the words risotto, butter, and lobster in it. need I say more?)
* Wood fired fallow venison with pureed potatoes & roasted brussels sprouts in a foie gras sauce, for me, and cast iron roasted duck breast over venere black rice with roasted root vegetables in a mango sauce, for David. We did not share.
* A trio of amazing desserts, including handmade chocolate truffles.
Here is a photo of Course #1.
It was an AH-mazing end to a really great day. 
Hugs and kisses! XOXO

No comments: