Friday, February 24, 2012

seasons and stuff

Lots going on this week! When I try to list it, it doesn't sound like much, but cumulatively, it was exhausting. Maybe I just need to go to bed earlier.

We got snow Sunday night! Merritt has been longing for snow, so when the flakes started falling, I dragged his tired booty out of bed to show him. I literally had to hold his head up so he could look out the window. He just wanted to go back to bed. But he did fall back to sleep with a smile on his face.
This was the extent of the 'snow'. And of course, school had a 2 hour delay Monday morning!

The rest if the week was lovely. Temperatures reached the 70s and all the plants are green and budding and happy. The tulips below are obviously inside, but this picture reminds me how sunny and hopeful and happy our outside weather was.


Our big news of the week has to do with a wonderful, thoughtful purchase my sweet husband pursued...a new piano! I have enjoyed stretching out my stiff fingers and plunking away at some songs from the past. Gavin is eager to start lessons and I just may take some again someday, too. Isn't it shiny and pretty? I think he needs a name.

And, it must be lacrosse season again...

No comments: