Thursday, February 9, 2012

little bits

I am super guilty of writing blog posts in my head but never sitting down to actually do it. I need a secretary to help me with my administrative duties, obviously. Maybe I should add that to Gavin's chore list, but no doubt he would demand an increase in pay.

*******************

Speaking of Gavin, his lip healed wonderfully! I just snapped this picture of him this morning before school (and also right before I pulled out his tooth, which was practically dangling in his mouth). At what point does the tooth fairy stop visiting? This is his 7th lost tooth. And the tooth fairy was suckered persuaded into believing that his buddies were getting $5 a tooth.

********************

Ian has a new picture face. Here it is.
And just when Merritt's picture face was becoming less forced. Sigh.

****************

Spring is trying to be here. I found this spunky little viola growing in the crack of our back stone patio. I love spunk. Spunk is necessary here. No lie, about 2 seconds after I took this picture of my spunky little viola, Merritt walked up to ask me a question and stood directly upon the spunky little viola. 
And it survived.

******************

I like writing in little bits. Less pressure to be interesting or deeply thoughtful. 

******************

I have another favorite blog that I waste my time reading. This post about Target makes me laugh in that 'this is so hilarious but that is so sadly me' sort of way. I have to admit, I am kind of starting to dislike Target. I know, I know, that is practically blasphemy. But at the start of the year, I started to write down every single time I spend money, along with the amount and where/what it was. And Target is on the list. A lot. I really don't believe there is anyway around it. One needs toilet paper and contact solution and cute storage bins and Valentine candy and batteries and those fruit snacks made by Target that are like crack to my children. You get the idea. But still. I am there a lot. And writing down everything you spend? Ouch. Yesterday I ordered some clothes fom the boys from Mini Boden for spring break (These kids keep eating and growing. I cannot seem to find a way around it.) Anyways, I had 7 items in my shopping cart and I was ready to check out. And I conveniently and suddenly became very busy in the kitchen and asked David to check out for me. BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO WRITE THE AMOUNT DOWN ON MY LITTLE LIST OF SPENDING.

***********************

Oh, and lastly, I have a little bit of a status change. 
I am still happily giddily married.
I still have 3 children.
I am still sitting at home eating bon-bons all day.
BUT...

I am now a brunette.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

What!? When did this happen? From what I can see, you look GREAT!