This past month, Gav has had 3 lacrosse tournaments with his travel team, the Cannons. It's been a truly treasured, memorable experience. He has fabulous coaches who have really taught him so very much. It's been a joy to see his passion for the sport fueled and to see him improve as a team leader and a player. The first 2 tournaments were in North Carolina. They won every single game. It was a lot of fun, of course. It feels good to win! And the families we travel with are so great...otherwise, sitting for hours on end on an asphalt track in the 90 degree heat wouldn't be so enjoyable!!
Even the siblings seem to have a good time!
Here is our tent city! It's been so wonderful getting to know the families and Gav's teammates.
This past weekend, we traveled with the team up to Annapolis, Maryland for another tournament. We played the top teams in Maryland. It was an amazing experience, and though the agony of defeat was palpable, our boys were challenged like never before. Gavin left that tournament even more charged and eager to play. And he certainly had some great plays!
Saturday night, the Cannons were invited to take to the field before the MLL team the Chesapeake Bayhawks played. Oh, did I mention the field was, oh, THE field at the Naval Academy?! What 9 year old gets to do that?! His team won the scrimmage, and Gavin scored!! What an amazing experience that I know he ( nor I) will ever forget!
Who knew that MLL had cheerleaders? Gavin now does.
Headed for the goal...
...outrunning the opponent...
...victory after the goal (Gav is #7)!
After the tournament, we headed down to the waterfront in Annapolis to see the boats and get a bite to eat on Father's Day.
It was a beautiful day.
We feasted on crab and I think David enjoyed his lunch. After lunch, Merritt informed him, quite seriously, that "the spirit of the crab was now in him, and it would rise up." Oh my. I am happy to report that there was no rising of the crab spirits that night.
After our Annapolis afternoon, we drove to Washington DC for a few days of sightseeing. We had a great time. I have a ton of pictures to share....but I am tired and tomorrow is Merritt's birthday, so there is sure to be a birthday post taking precedence!







No comments:
Post a Comment