Can you believe Gavin graduated from lower school yesterday?! It is off to middle school in the fall! He is so ready and excited to head to the middle school that it wasn't hard to be anything but happy yesterday. I did have one moment, however, that made me cry. During graduation, the 1st-3rd graders all stand up, surrounding the parents, and sing 'surprise' songs to the 4th graders from their years at the school. The final song: Inch By Inch. I sang that song ALL.THE.TIME to Gav when he was a baby, and it is one of my favorites. As soon as I heard the first word, the tears started pouring down my face. Such memories!
I did compose myself, however, in time to see him receive his certificate.
It was a great morning followed by a pool party for the entire grade - lots of fun! And he received a couple very special graduation gifts...some custom lacrosse gear! Happy Graduation, Gav!




No comments:
Post a Comment