Tuesday, August 20, 2013

interruption

I interrupt the vacation photo series to bring you...the first day of school. Yee-haw!
Today, ALL THREE BOYS set off for school. It was beautiful.

Here is more beauty for you...our school command center. Those clipboards have each child's morning check-list on it. Ahhhhh. Order and structure. We were all craving it.
 Here are this year's work binders, poised and ready for all that paper to come home. Bring it on. [I have done this since Gav was in kindergarten. Trust me, it works.]

 Obligate first day pictures. Believe me, G's hair wasn't slicked back, it was just in the process of drying. He is a middle schooler now, so he gets up with an alarm and takes a shower and has a locker and an iPad. He's big stuff now. And he LOVES it!

Here is my first grader!!! M had a great day today! He came home enthused and eager to go back.

The Bean. Off to school with his brothers. My mantra walking home empty handed was, "I will be OK. I will be OK." And we were both OK. In fact, he was happy, but EXHAUSTED.


 The boys. Another grade older.
Perhaps the most beautiful thing happened after school, when they all missed each other so much during the day that they hung out and really appreciated each other, asking each other about their days and exchanging stories. 
Ah, peace and order restored.

No comments: