Sunday, May 18, 2014

first sleepover

David and Gavin were in Hickory over the weekend for a lacrosse tournament (Go Cannons!) and I hung back with the littles. Merritt had a birthday party on Saturday to attend, which was an art party, where he painted this:
It went straight up on my dining room wall when he got home because I love the colors and craziness of it. Very rare my children come home with party favors that I want to keep, let alone hang in my dining room!

Since big brother was away, we invited some friends to spend the night on Saturday night, which happened to be their very first friend sleep-over.  I am so honored that it was at our house! These boys are so sweet together. They do that 'travel in a pack but break off in pairs at just the right time' thing so well. They were outside until the sun was starting to go down, which is a successful playdate any old day if you ask me. They roasted hotdogs and marshmallows, played bro vs. bro lacrosse, had quite the imaginative pirate scenario going on the play structure out back, and then came inside and read books until they all fell asleep easily, in the same room. Amazing. So thankful for these guys in my boys' lives.

It was such a perfect evening, too…just look at this sky above our campfire!

 Smoothies, hot dogs, veggies, cheese curls, and watermelon - yum!

 And this is what I found at 7am this morning! 
My boys are already planning their next adventure together! Yay for brotherly sleepovers!

No comments: