Every year, people start asking around Thanksgiving if our Christmas card picture is done. That's a lot of pressure, people! We take our pictures ourselves, and this year we took it on a Friday afternoon, after school, with rain moving in. We laughed a lot. Trying to get 3 kids, 2 adults, and 2 dogs (squirrel!) to cooperate was tricky and a little frustrating at times. Thankfully, the boys actually got into it and their good ideas contributed to our final location (thank you Gavin) and our card layout (props to you, Merritt). Our Christmas card had the best pictures on it, but I thought it would be funny to share some of our funnies (because believe me, these are probably more real than anything!). Introducing...our OUTTAKES...
We do really love our family picture this year, though. I think it totally captures US, and I love that it is on our front porch. I wouldn't change a thing about it.
We were able to get some fun shots of the boys before it got dark. Here are some that didn't make the card but are probably the most realistic!
Sweet Ian...I was trying to get him to smile authentically, so I said, "Think of a girl you like." He beamed and I asked him who the girl was..."I was thinking of mommy," he said.
No comments:
Post a Comment