Tuesday, December 23, 2014

santa and sugar

The boys have been writing their ideas for Santa down for the past 2 weeks. Gav chose to write one, very large, item down. Merritt declared that "ideas keep flooding into my brain." In classic baby bear style, Ian chose a 'just right' amount to suggest to Jolly St. Nick.
 It has been fun to read their ideas!
Today, we got to go let Santa know what tops our lists. We decided to channel our inner-Santas so we would know how to relate when it was our turn. Santa said he thought he was looking into a mirror.

Merritt's observation: 
"Santa had long hair like us!" (He did!)

We all know Santa is real - but LOOK - I do exist!

This afternoon the boys assembled their very first family gingerbread house. I am glad I waited this long to do it - it wasn't a huge mess and they were very self-sufficient! Turns out those things aren't as easy to decorate as they look. Of course, all they can talk about is when they can start eating it...



1 comment:

Tracey said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful time wth each other and enjoy all your Santa gifts:) Love you lots!