Wednesday, September 14, 2011

time for soccer!

Today was the first soccer practice of the season. It was extra special because it was Merritt's first practice EVER. He loved it, and I was surprised at how able he was doing drills. And I will never get over how adorable the boys look at this age with tiny shinguards and cleats on. He reported that his favorite part of practice was dribbling the ball and his most not favorite part was when they had to share balls. He is pretty protective of his ball. It must be a boy thing.
Gavin had a great practice too! With 3 seasons under his belt, he ran down to his field to join his friends and never looked back. As a side note, by some miraculous turn of events, the boys' practices are on the same day AT THE SAME TIME. I know!
Gav was pretty proud of his new ball and cleats and shinguards because, of course, he grows out of all his equipment for all his sports every season.
I need to stop feeding that kid.
And don't forget Ian!!! He loves his new soccer ball too!

No comments: