Wednesday, October 19, 2011

preschool field trip!

Yesterday I got to be a driver/chaperone for Merritt's class trip to the pumpkin patch. We had a beautiful fall day on the farm, going on a hayride, picking our own pumpkins, pretending to milk a cow, climbing on hay bales, and playing in the 'corn crib'.

Let me tell you, once we found the corn crib, we didn't go experience anything else. Picture this: approximately 30 children, shoeless, writhing, jumping, screaming, and rolling in an enormous wooden box of corn kernels. Now picture a handful of dazed adults standing around the box, consumed by the ear ringing screams, peering through the dusty barn/corn haze at our charges, and laughing because holy cow are we ever going to find corn in places on our children that they shouldn't have corn tonight.
Chaos defined.
(I am not even sure who this is, but he has perfect form!)



This is how I felt the rest of the day after we returned...
...sadly, once we got home, Merritt no longer felt this way.

And I bet you can guess what poured out of my clothes dryer this afternoon when I opened the door! I guess I am kind of lucky I didn't find popcorn!

1 comment:

Carla said...

We used to play in our corn bin. SO FUN! Now Farm Bureau has a corn box - like a sand box - they take around places like this. Still fun! : )