Thursday, March 20, 2008

Colors!

Today I left Merritt on his back on the playroom floor, only to come back about 5 minutes later to find him 3 feet away standing at the train table. Hence, we have activated the 'trap' (as Gav likes to call it). Merritt likes it now because he doesn't yet realize that it really is just a colorful cage. See his smiles and containment in the pic below!
The four of us colored Easter eggs today, which was especially fun because I think it was the first time we have done it with Gavin! I don't know why we waited so long to show him this fun craft. Maybe it is because of the permanent dye. Or the vinegar smell. Anyways, he really enjoyed it.
Carrying on the Schulz family tradition of fancy creative egg coloring, David showed Gavin how to write on his eggs with crayon.


I think he liked his Gavin egg best.



As you can see below, Merritt didn't quite get the concept yet. He demonstrated his confusion by immediately putting the egg in his mouth.  Maybe next year we will try again.

No comments: