Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!


What a weekend! With David out of town this weekend, my main goal was to make it through until Sunday night without losing my mind, which for me means keeping as busy as humanly possible. Friday we spent most of the day doing yardwork and working on a landscaping project. The weather was beautiful and I think I may have even earned a tiny resemblance of a farmer's tan that day!
Saturday was just as sunny and we were once again drawn outdoors. Our little buddy Catherine and her mommy Cassie came over for a little Easter egg hunt. 

Merritt enjoyed the view from above, and thought it was pretty neat hanging out in his PJs (lazy mommy!).
That afternoon we traveled to Apex to wish little Daylin a happy 1 year birthday. Gavin made a new friend and ate a LOT of m&ms. . .which I didn't know until after the fact. . .chocolate stains tell all! He went to bed that night pondering if the Easter bunny would find him. He left his basket out with one of his colored Easter eggs in it, as a token of thanks 
(bribery?) to the bunny.

The next morning he eagerly ran downstairs to see if the bunny had delivered. Merritt found a basket with goldfish and a toy. . .
. . .and Gavin found his basket full of goodies, like a new little basketball to go with his new hoop (I love garage sales. . .).  Wasn't the Easter bunny smart to know exactly what the little boy needed? I personally think the Easter bunny rocks.


Happy faces! Now let's quick get ready for church!
Voila! Happy faces in nice clothes! Off to celebrate Easter at church! (I love that Merritt looks a little dazed. I felt exactly like he looks by this point in the weekend.)
Gavin was also thrilled to find camo eggs hidden in our yard this morning. Mommy sure is thankful for all those bunny helpers out there. 
We traveled to Harris Lake in the afternoon with Brenda and Cheryl to their friends' house. It was delightful, with good company, yummy food, and beautiful scenery. We took the dogs down to the water to fetch sticks, and guess who went in? Yup, my 4 year old went swimming, intentionally, in his clothes on Easter. 60 degrees. Gotta love him.

So, we all survived the weekend, and this final picture accurately describes how we all feel. . .
Good night!

No comments: