Excitement is in the air with Christmas a few hours away!
The boys are tucked away in their beds, and I am counting the number of hours I might actually get to sleep tonight (it's not enough). And David is working, which means the day had a bit of a different feel to it. Since he is out at 2 am, tomorrow might hold a lot of yawns and coffee, but we will all be together for Christmas, which will be wonderful!
The boys have been busy doing Christmas activities...finding their elf, rearranging the nativity scene again and again, driving their Polar Express around and around the Christmas tree, decorating cookies for Santa, discussing their Christmas lists, retelling the story of Baby Jesus, drawing picture after picture of holiday related scenes...the list is endless and so is their enthusiasm for the season. It really is so much fun and I have found myself with goosebumps on my arms and tears in my eyes more than once the past few weeks. Though the holidays can be exhausting, the magic and wonder of it through my children's eyes is awesome. Today David and the boys and I concluded the long wait for Christmas with a children's service at Duke Chapel, and the kiddos and I enjoyed a yummy dinner at Brenda and Cheryl's after David left for work. And don't forget hot tub time! Trust me, the boys had no trouble falling asleep after our busy day!
Wishing you sweet dreams and rest this eve before the celebration.




No comments:
Post a Comment