Yesterday was Merritt's end-of-year party for his preschool class. It was such a great idea - a class party at Duke Gardens, with games, a scavenger hunt, feeding of ducks, and kid snacks, plus plenty of time to run and play with friends.
When we arrived at the gardens, we congregated by this amazing new fountain and the kids had a grand time throwing stones and running in circles. At one point I turned to another mom and said, "... you do realize someone is going in, right?" as 3 of our boys leaned way over to look in the water, feet off the ground.
But silly me, I underestimated the capabilities of my almost-4 year old. Why fall into a clean, brand new fountain...

...when there is completely murky, brown, full-of-goose-poop water to frolic in?
At this point in the morning, I had pretty much given up. We went back over to the little stream and he sat down in the water up to his shoulders. Thankfully Ian didn't join him (I think he was a little intimidated by geese who snatch bread right from your hand).
Happy end of the schoool year, Merritt!
You will go down in history as the dirtiest kiddo in your class.

No comments:
Post a Comment