

OK, friends, why have I not taken the kids to Fews Ford at the Eno River???? Really, 7 years I have lived here and I have never done this...I missed out! Merritt and Ian and I met some friends there this morning, and wow - it is a little boys' dream!!! After Merritt's water adventure at Duke Gardens earlier in the week, I figured a place where getting wet and dirty was the main idea would satisfy my little filthies and save me from losing my mind. So fun. We did see 4 water snakes, which is 4 too many as far as I am concerned (especially since M was obsessed with trying to catch one with his butterfly net). But they left us alone and I kept my eye out for them, and the rest of the visit was cool, refreshing, and a good change of pace. There is something incredibly fresh about being covered in river mud and water. Ha - as I type this a tiny little river rock just fell out of my shorts! Gee...I wonder where my boys get it...
And thanks to my friend Alexa, I have a picture to capture what I did most of the morning at the river...

No comments:
Post a Comment