Thursday, May 19, 2011

it started innocently. . .

. . .it was almost science-project-ish. Or something educational, I guess. "Let's take our PVC pipe toy outside and see if we can make water go through it off the fort." (Can you believe that was actually ME who said that???) Side note: My mom and I had made this toy for the boys when she stayed with us. We cut lengths of PVC pipe and bought oodles of connectors for the boys to build things. Not whack each other over the head with, use as baseball bats, knock dents in the wall with, etc. So the creative toy needed to go outside. This was my way of doing it painlessly - convince them something EVEN BETTER could be done with it.

This is my life.

Anyways, they eagerly built a series of pipes and had big plans to pour water down them. Someone could even stand below and get water dripped on them...
...or better yet, the pipe could just be bypassed altogether and the pitcher of water just dumped on each other's heads. Another side note: This was NOT my idea.
And then chaos took over and it turned into an all-out water fight.
What I don't have pictures of is how Merritt then went and rolled in the 7 bags of fresh sand I put in the sandbox this morning.
And then stripped his underwear off and walked around naked.

This is my life.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I love how boys will turn anything into a water fight! The pics are great!!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

So glad Will could add to the chaos!

xofrances