Thursday, July 2, 2009

bye-bye?

On Monday, desperate for a shower, I suggested to Gav that he draw Daddy a picture to commemorate his last days of training at Duke. We had just made a big deal that morning at breakfast that Daddy only had 2 days of training left, and so he happily bounded down the stairs to use his newly sharpened colored pencils ('nesting' has had some very strange effects on me this time around. Sorting legos by color and sharpening 100 pencils? Is that normal?!?!?).
Anyways, I didn't even have time to dry my body off before I heard knocking on the bathroom door (which is a testament to Gav's speed, not my length of showers. . .). He proudly presented me the picture, which says "2 More Day" and the conversation went like this. . .
Mommy: "Gav, there are only 3 people. Who are they?"
Gavin: "Daddy, Gavin, and Merritt."
Mommy: "But where am I??"
Gavin (smiling): "On the plane."


No comments: