Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Happy Birthday!

Yesterday I celebrated my birthday, which was pretty much like a normal day with the boys (which isn't a bad thing. . .!), sprinkled with wonderful phone calls, emails, and sweet gifts from friends and family. It was really nice. Alison and I ventured to Meadowmont pool with the boys and I even felt generous (and tolerant) enough to get my boys ice cream. On the way home, Gavin even bargained with me, which resulted in a nice birthday card for me and an afternoon of watching baseball on TV for him. (It went something like, "Mom, if I make you a birthday card, can I watch TV?") Whatever, honey.


The night before that, David and I celebrated by having an adult dinner at Nana's, and he totally spoiled me with great gifts, which included a new loaded i-pod for when I start training for my half-marathon (did you hear that Ian? Mommy already paid her registration fee so you need to hurry up and come out.), and the promise of a spa day and new clothes once I lose this baby fat (I promise you he did not present it in those words!). Here is a pic of the two of us. Well, three of us. Aren't I huge?






No comments: