'Tis the season for comparisons, with this pregnancy entering it's final month and thoughts turning to labor/newborns/lack of sleep patterns, etc. So in the spirit of comparisons, I thought I would do a few little fun ones on the blog, taking a trip down memory lane (when you have 21,000 pictures from the past 6 years, it is pretty easy to do. . .).
First, I reminisced about my babies. . .
Here is a pic of David, Gav, and I the day we left the hospital with him. My goodness we look young.
Here is one of my favorite pics of David, Merritt, and I just after he was born (thank you Krista Lucas Photography!!!)

The second comparison I have is so sweet. . .here is a picture of Gavin's longtime buddy Jaishri with Gav in the kiddy pool, July 4th 2004 (does it surprise you he was completely naked?!?!?). . .
. . .and here they are a few days ago, back in the kiddy pool (don't worry - no [complete] nakedness this time!).
And last but not least, my fantastic, brilliant, hard-working, driven husband finished his fellowship and time at Duke yesterday. A bit surreal, but completely exciting as this long phase of training is OVER and he is, as I like to say, REAL now. I am so proud of him.
Here is a picture of Gavin and Daddy on David's first day of residency at Duke, just before he walked out the door that morning. We had just moved here from MI, and I remember feeling like my heart was walking out the door and I was just so alone with my baby in this new house and new state. My how things have changed. . .
2 comments:
i love love love comparisons like these. and goodness, gavin was so stinkin' tiny! how does it happen that they grow up so fast? (and i love that photo of you, david and merritt too. i wish i was going to be in town for ian's birth!!!)
My goodness, I love you!! These were wonderful. I will at some time get ahold of you...they sure keep us hopping don't they! I usually think to call at 10:00 at night and groan to myself.
Post a Comment